Who we are and how to contact us
FAO: Privacy Officer
Imagine Me Stories
23 Griffiths Road
Data protection principles
We comply with the principles of data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes
- Accurate and kept up to date
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about
- Kept securely
Information we may collect about you
We collect and retain information every time you, as a customer or potential customer, interact with us. The information we may collect from these interactions may include, but is not limited to:
- Information you give to us:
- By filling in forms on our Website
- By corresponding with us by phone, email, in person or otherwise
- By subscribing to our service
- By placing orders on our site
- By entering competitions, promotions or surveys
- By responding to one of our mailings
- By filling in forms at events we attend
- When you participate in social media functions
- Information transmitted by your computer when you use the Website
- Information we receive from other sources:
- If you consent to hear from us on other sites
- If you subscribe to our service via another site
The information we collect may include:
- Contact and profile information, including your name, username or similar identifier,email address, billing postcode and telephone number.
- Transaction information, including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Financial information, including your card number, expiry date and CVC is collected and processed by our third party payment processor. We retain limited credit card information for our records (e.g. the last four digits for validation purposes) but we do not store or retain complete credit card information.
- Preferences and feedback, including preferences in receiving marketing from us, ratings you provide in relation to products that are available on the Website, survey responses and feedback requests.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use the Website, the pages you visit, for how long and the actions you perform, page response times, your browser cookies.
- Any other content or information you choose to provide or through engagement with our Social Media channels, including photos you may upload, comments and shares.
How we use the information
We may use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your devices
- To provide you with information that you request from us
- To provide, operate and maintain our services, including, for instance (without limitation) to administer your account and provide you with order and billing information
- To inform you about your scheduled delivery and ask you for feedback on your recent deliveries
- To notify you about changes to our products, services and/or the Website
- Communicate with you and investigate any complaints
- Provide you with personalised offers, rewards, competitions, marketing materials and other promotional materials, both online (via email and through advertisements) and through other marketing channels, such as third party social networks, like Facebook and Instagram
- Perform market research, data analytics and data appends. To accomplish some of these tasks, we may enhance or append other data collected from or about you to the Information we possess
- Ensure that as an existing customer you are not included in proposed marketing campaigns aimed at attracting new customers
- Verify whether you have had a previous account or services with us to prevent fraudulent take-up of our offers
If you have elected to unsubscribe from marketing communications, we will keep a record of this and ensure that we include your email address on suppression lists to ensure that we do not contact you with marketing communications.
Sharing your information
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. We will only share it with third parties in accordance with this Policy, or as otherwise required by law.
We may share your personal information with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies that provide services to supply your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, order packers and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Companies approved by you, such as any social media sites you’ve chosen to link to your Imagine Me Stories account or payment service providers you’ve opted to use such as PayPal.
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers. We will not provide such third parties with any information that could be used to identify you.
Our use of email or other electronic marketing
If you have said you’d like us to, we will send you marketing messages via email to keep you informed about what we’re up to and about our products or services.
You can opt out of receiving future communications at any time. You can do this by:
- Clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link included in all Imagine Me Stories marketing emails or
- Contacting the Imagine Me Stories team who will update your preferences for you.
When opting out that you may continue to receive some information from us where this is already in the communication pipeline, typically for up to 48 hours after the date and time you update your account.
Please note that stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications such as order updates.
Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of that website. We use the following cookies when you visit our site:
- Essential website cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the site and use a shopping cart.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to enhance the functionality of our Website but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality may become unavailable.
- Social media cookies. These cookies allow users to interact more easily with social media, such as Facebook and Instagram. We do not control social media cookies and they do not allow us to gain access to your social media accounts. Please refer to the relevant social media platform’s privacy policies for information about their cookies.
By using our site, you are agreeing to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it.
You can earn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
Please note that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site.
Keeping your information
We will retain your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as it is needed to be able to provide our services to you. In the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Service team, your details will only be retained for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or to enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
If you would like to delete or update your personal data record, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website may contain links to external websites. We assume no responsibility for the privacy practices or the content of those websites. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites.
About this policy
We may update this Policy at any time for any reason. If we do so, we will post the updated Policy on the Website and indicate its effective date or the date it was posted. We encourage you to review the changes carefully. Your continued use of the Service will mean you agree to those changes.
Resources & Further Information